Saturday, May 9, 2009

The BatCave gets Remodeled this Summer

This week I have started putting my designs down on paper for the BatCave Remodel Project. First is the door for the BatCave. It will be a Pocket door 36" X 8' X 2" thick. The side window will actually be a removable double-sided back-lit poster panel for the theater style Batman posters I have. I hope to have it all installed by August 1. I'm going to have to trim down the some of the collectibles I have in the BatCave because I'm running out of room...fast! I'll also have to re-arrange the 50gallon aquarium and entertainment center. I'm also going to add more accent lighting under the desk that will be controlled by both a switch and a motion sensor. I'm also going to be replacing almost all of the shelves with custom made display cabinets that will be floor to ceiling and 3 feet in width. The cabinets will hold twice as much as the current 30 inch shelves. Also I won't have to dust everything as often! These cabinets will be patterned after Star Trek the Next Generation furniture. My current idea is to have a panel at the top of the cabinets with motion sensor controlling power to the cabinet and Isolinear Chips controlling the light settings. There will be six ports wired in 3 pairs, for the chips to be inserted into. When the two chips are arranged in the two ports connected together the lights will either be on the LOW-MED-HI settings. Another chip will activate the mini-spots or indirect lights. These are just some ideas I've been rolling around in my head and like all my other project it sometimes changes as I am building and come up with a different and better idea.

No comments: